I moved to Pittsburgh, PA in the summer of 2010 and started this blog a few months later, for several reasons: First, I wanted to chronicle and share the wonderful food that I'm enjoying in my new hometown and during my travels, as well as recipes (mostly created by others) I have attempted at home, typically of the simple, healthy, yet tasty variety. Another purpose of starting this blog is to use it as a vehicle to practice and learn about food photography. While I created this blog mainly because it is fun for me, it would certainly be an added bonus if other people like it, find it useful, or draw inspiration from it. In addition, I try my best to help my local community via this blog as much as I can.
For more personal reflections, read this post I wrote on the first anniversary of this blog.
There are a few rules I stick to:
- I am not a food critic, and I don't intend for this blog to be a "review" site per se. I only blog about restaurants or recipes that I like.
- Because one purpose of this blog is to get myself back into photography, I (generally) only post photos taken with my DSLR. I also tend to post only photos of food I've actually tasted.
- I do not accept bribes. I would certainly entertain invitations to free blogger events, but I will never promise a positive review in exchange for freebies.
- I do not intend to make money off my blog.
I am honored that my blog and/or my photos have been featured in the following:
- Pure Cafe commercial for Pine-Richland and North Hills Patch (see 0:18), July 9, 2011
- IHeartPgh's Radio Round Up, February 10, 2012
- Photo of Franktuary's hotdog appeared in Serious Eats article The Best Hot Dogs and Sausages Near Major League Baseball Ballparks by Hawk Krall, March 30, 2012
- CBS Local's Best Pittsburgh Foodies To Follow On Twitter, September 5, 2012
- Photo of Pgh Taco Truck's taco appeared in Tasty Truck article in the Fall 2012 issue of Table Magazine, September, 2012
- Featured blogger in the October/November 2012 issue of Edible Allegheny Magazine's Online Dish section, October, 2012
- One of About.com's Top Pittsburgh Food Blogs to Tempt Your Tastebuds
- Photos of Fukuda Truck and its food featured in Pittsburgh Tribune-Review's article entitled Food trucks are finding a foothold in the Pittsburgh-area market by Michael Machosky, May 1, 2013
- Photo of Verde's Guacamole featured in Yinzpiration's blog post entitled Running, inspiration, and guacamole by Kate Stolzfus, May 2, 2013
- TribLive: Fresh finds: Market Square farmers market, by Olga Watkins, August 28, 2012
- Pittsburgh Magazine: How to Have the Perfect Pittsburgh Saturday, by PM Staff, June 21, 2013
- Caffeinated Nirvana in West View, BizChicks' Nibble & Sips section, October 6, 2011
- A Charcuterie Feast at Elements Contemporary Cuisine, BizChicks' Nibble & Sips section, October 27, 2011
- Olio Fresca Pasta, BizChicks' Nibble & Sips section, November 17, 2011
- SMOKE Barbeque Taqueria (Homestead), BizChicks' Nibble & Sips section, December 1, 2011
My name is Clara. I started this blog because I have a minor obsession with eating and taking pictures of what I eat, though I claim absolutely no expertise in either cooking or photography as I've never had any sort of training (professional or not) in either domain. ;) When I'm not cooking or eating, I have a really busy day job, so the frequency of my posts will be inconsistent at best. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact me!