|Lemon Thyme Zucchini Rice Casserole|
Long grain rice, uncooked, 1.5 cups
Fresh thyme leaves, 1 tbsp
Lemon juice, 1 tbsp (about 1/2 a lemon)
Zest of 1/2 a lemon
Olive oil, 2 tbsp
Zucchini, 1.5 lbs, cubed
Green onions, 3, sliced
Garlic, 2 cloves, minced
Salt and pepper, to taste
Paprika, 1 tsp
Oregano, 1 tsp dried
Plum tomatoes, 4, chopped
Sharp cheddar cheese, one 1/3-lb block, freshly shredded, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook rice, thyme leaves, lemon juice, and lemon zest together in rice cooker (or follow package directions if a rice cooker is not available).
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the zucchini, green onions, and garlic about 5 minutes, until zucchini is tender. Season with salt, pepper, garlic salt, paprika, and oregano. Mix in cooked rice, tomatoes, and cheese, preserving some of cheese for the topping.
- Spray a 2.5 quart casserole dish with cooking spray. Transfer content from the skillet to the casserole dish. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 12 minutes.
Yields 4-5 servings